Sunday, August 30, 2009

FUTURE PROPHECIES


EZEKIEL 38

18-20) On that day when Gog enters the land of Israel, says the Lord God, My anger will blaze. I have declared in My zeal and in My fiery anger, that there will be a great earthquake throughout the land of Israel, on that day.

The fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all the creeping things that creep on the ground, and all the men on the face of the earth, will tremble before Me.

The mountains will be destroyed, cliffs will collapse; and every wall, will fall to the ground.

21-23) I will summon the sword against [Gog] on all My mountains, says the Lord God. Men will turn their swords against one another, and I will punish them with plague and blood, torrents of rain and hailstones, and with fire and brimstone; which I will rain down on them, on their divisions, and on the many peoples that are with them.

I will be exalted and sanctified, and I will make Myself known to many nations, so they will know that I am God.
JOEL 3, 4
Chapter 4
1-3) Now, in those days and at that time when I bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. I will dispute with them there over My people, and My inheritance ─ for scattering Israel among the nations, for dividing My land, and for casting lots over My people. They exchanged a boy for a prostitute. They sold a girl for wine, which they drank.

4-6) And what have you to do with Me, O Tyre, Sidon, and all the districts of Philistia? Are you avenging yourselves against Me?
Or if you are initiating aggression against Me, I will very swiftly punish you for what you've done. You took My silver and gold, and carried off My precious treasures to your temples. You sold the children of Judah and Jerusalem to the Greeks in order to distance them from their homeland.

But I will rouse them out of the place to which you sold them, and I will punish you in kind...

9-11) Proclaim this among the nations: Declare war! Rouse the mighty! Let all the warriors come up and draw near! Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weak say, “I am mighty!” Gather yourselves! Come from all directions, all you nations, and join together. God will bring down your mighty men there.

14-17) Many multitudes [will perish] in the Valley of Verdict.
The Day of God is close in the Valley of Verdict. The sun and the moon will turn dark, and the stars will conceal their brightness. God will roar from Zion, and shout out from Jerusalem, causing heaven and earth to tremble.

But God will be a shield for His people, and a stronghold for the people of Israel. Then you will know, that I, God your Lord, dwells in Zion, My holy mountain. Jerusalem will then be sacred, and strangers will never again pass through her...

20-21) Egypt will become a devastation, and Edom a devastated wasteland, because they afflicted the Judeans, whose innocent blood they shed in their land.

But Judah will endure forever, and Jerusalem for all generations. “Will I forgive them? No! I will not forgive them!” when God dwells in Zion!
OBADIAH8-9) On that day ─ God declares ─ I will surely make the wise men disappear from Edom, and understanding from Mount Esau. Your warriors will be broken, Teman, so that the slaughter, will wipe out every last man from Mount Esau.

10-11) Because you robbed your brother Jacob, you will be covered with shame, and cut off for all eternity. When you stood aside on the day foreigners seized his possessions and strangers invaded his cities and cast lots for Jerusalem ─ you, too, were like one of them.

15-16) For God's Day against the nations is near. What you did, will be done to you. You will be punished in kind, for your deeds.
Just as you drank on My Holy Mount, so will all the nations drink always. They will drink and go mad. They will be, as if they never were.

17) But on Mount Zion there will be deliverance. It will become holy. And the House of Jacob will possess their inheritance.

18) Then, the House of Jacob will be fire, the House of Joseph a flame, and the House of Esau will be straw. They will set them alight and consume them.
There will be no survivors from the House of Esau, for God has spoken.
ZECHARIAH 12 -14

Chapter 13
8-9) Throughout the world ─ declares God ─ two-thirds will be cut off and die, but the third will remain. I will bring that third into fire; and refine them, as one refines metal;; examine them, as one examines gold.
He will call in My Name, and I will answer him. I will say, “You are My people.” And he will say, “God is my Lord”...

12) This will be the plague, with which God will smite all the nations that warred against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot away, even as they stand on their feet. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

13) On that day, there will be a great confusion from God in their midst. They will grab hold of each other's hand, with each one's hand raised against the other’s.

Psalm 2
Why do nations convene, and peoples utter absurdities? Kings of the earth take their stand and ministers conspire together against God and against His anointed: “Let us tear off the cords of their yoke and throw off their ropes from us!”

He Who sits in heaven laughs; God scoffs at them. Then He speaks to them in His anger and terrifies them with His wrath: “It is I Who appointed My king over Zion, My holy mountain!”

Chapter 12
1) At that time, the great prince Michael, who stands over your people, will arise. It will be a time of trouble, the like of which has never been, since they became a nation.
At that time, your people will be spared - all who are found written in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment